These DIY Photo Christmas Ornaments make great gifts!
When you have a baby, all the grandparents want is pictures of the baby. We are trying to come up with creative baby-themed holiday gifts this year.
These DIY photo Christmas ornaments could be perfect for a baby’s first ornament or to celebrate any awesome photo.
I made my ornaments with a baby photo of Luke. On the back, I added his birthdate. I think that it would be so fun to make one of these each year to watch him grow!
These ornaments are simple and inexpensive to make. They are a great gift and would also be a great gift topper!
You could use any type of fillable ball ornament for this project. I used some that are a bit more flat but the perfectly round ones would work, as well.
DIY Photo Christmas Ornament
What you need to make DIY Photo Christmas Ornaments:
- Glass ball ornament
- Photo printed on regular paper
- Cardstock of choice
- Glue stick
- Ribbon or hanger loop
How to make DIY Photo Christmas Ornaments:
- Cut the rectangle of your photo out of it’s paper. You might need to trace your ornament to be sure that the photo will fit.
- Use the glue stick to glue cardstock to the back of the photo, good side out.
- If you want to, use a pen to write a name, date, or place on the cardstock.
- Curl the photo and slide it into the ornament. Use the pen (not the ink! The other end) to straighten out the photo.
- Re-attach the lid. Add a ribbon or hanger. You are done!
Love DIY ornaments? Check out:
See all of our handmade ornament ideas:
- How to make photo ornament balls
- DIY sea glass ornaments
- Sand ball ornaments
- How to make beach ornaments
- DIY pier post nautical ornaments
- Fur ball pom pom ornaments
- DIY snowball ornaments
- Citrus felt ornaments
- Mink snowman ornament
- Deviled egg felt ornament
- Metallic dipped textured ornaments
- Paper ball 3D ornaments
- Toilet paper roll starburst ornaments
- Bottle brush tree terrarium ornaments
Simplify your crafting journey and eliminate guesswork with our free ornament crafting cheat sheet – your essential guide to selecting the right materials and tools with ease! Click here or the image below for the free download!
Hey there, I’m Sean, the woodworking enthusiast and builder behind CharlestonCrafted.com! Since 2012, I’ve been sharing the magic of turning raw materials into beautiful creations. I love teaching others the art and satisfaction of woodworking and DIY. I try to inspire fellow crafters to make something extraordinary out of nothing at all.