Our website address is: https://www.charlestoncrafted.com
We love our readers and love sharing our passion for DIY with you. But just so we’re all on the same page:
- Charleston Crafted was created & is written and maintained by Morgan Smith McBride & Sean McBride. All content, including photos, images, videos and text is our property and cannot be reproduced without our permission. Feel free to use an image or two as long as it is credited to us and links back to the original content. Please do not replicate any of our text or more than a couple of pictures without contacting us for permission first.
- All photos that aren’t taken by Charleston Crafted are credited and linked to their original sources and are believed to be in public domain. If we ever post a photo that belongs to you & you are unhappy with our citation (of you or your site), please contact us and we will resolve it as quickly as possible. Any photos not credited to a source have been taken by Charleston Crafted and are rights protected. It is a copyright violation not to link back to the source of any and all images.
- We are a for-profit blog. We make money from the blog in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: selling digital products, advertisements, and affiliate links. Affiliate ads pay us a percentage of sales resulting from clicks on the ad, product image, or link to a product. Posts containing affiliate links will be clearly marked. We have ads, not to be evil, but in order to pay ourselves for the time that goes into creating awesome content. Thanks for supporting our sponsors!
- We will always give you the straight truth on product reviews. In fact, most of our product reviews are not paid or perked- they’re just things that we’ve bought and gotten especially attached to. If a product review is paid, or if we got it for free, we will be sure to let you know that, but we will never let that affect our review of the product.
- We are not professional designers or contractors- we are amateurs who just love figuring things out our own way, sometimes based off of reference books or blogs & often off of trial and error. We make every effort to ensure that all tutorials and recipes posted are of the highest possible quality and revise projects to reflect any problems or tricks that come to our attention. However, we are not responsible for the outcome of any projects that you try to replicate off of our site. Please wear eye protection! We don’t want any injuries to you or your home.
- We approve all comments by hand. We respect negative comments (you’re entitled to your opinion!) and will approve them, as well. However, comments interpreted as just plain mean will not be approved. We have the right to delete any comment at any time for any reason (so don’t give us a reason too, mmmkay?) Also, our spam filter occasionally catches real comments, so feel free to show a little personality so you aren’t mistaken (by a robot) as a robot.
- We love seeing & sharing your home, builds, projects… everything! If you email us pictures of your goods, we are assuming that you are ok with us sharing them on the site. If we are going to feature you in a post, we will contact you in advance to get the full run down!
- Questions? Feel free to contact us at any time at Morgan@CharlestonCrafted.com
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We value your privacy and are committed to protecting it.
What information do we collect?
- Information you voluntarily submit to our site IE comments or forms you fill out
- If you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture if you have them attached to your account.
- Automatically collected information
- When you visit our site, our blog automatically tracks your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the blog. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the blog, such as links clicked.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors: