If you love the beach, you will love these simple DIY Beach Christmas Ornaments. They are so simple and inexpensive to make and the perfect beach memory!
Seriously, they could not be any more simple. Plus, they are a great way to show off your favorite vacation spots throughout the years.
Bring home a little sand from each trip and create a meaningful ornament collection!
We first introduced you to these ornaments when we originally made them for our 2013 Christmas tree.
However, I recently realized that we never shared a tutorial for how to make them. So, today I am here sharing that tutorial with you.
Looking for other coastal Christmas decor ideas? We have years and years worth!
The base of the ornament is just a clear fillable ball ornament, available at most craft stores during the holiday season.
You can buy them in glass or plastic. Glass is really nice, but plastic might be more realistic if you have pets or small kids. Or a clumsy family member!
I think that the simplicity of these ornaments makes them really stunning. They have the potential to blend in or really be a show stopper if you have otherwise neutral ornaments. You can’t go wrong!
If you are going to go to the trouble to make these ornaments, I suggest making at least 6.
It’s one of those things that as long as you are making it, you might as well make a few at once.
A whole set sprinkled throughout the tree really makes a gorgeous effect!
If you are looking for a fun and beautiful Christmas craft, look no further than these beach sand ornaments.
DIY Beach Christmas Ornaments
What you need to make DIY Beach Christmas Ornaments:
How to make DIY Beach Christmas Ornaments:
- Use a small funnel (this one came with a flask!) to pour sand into the ornament. You want it to be about 1/3 full.
- Drop in a few small sea shells.
- Re-attach the topper. Add a ribbon or hook and hang on the tree!
Check out my tutorial for how to make simple sand and shell beach ball ornaments for your Christmas tree!
- Clear ball ornaments
- Small sea shells
- A small funnel or paper rolled into a funnel shape
- Remove the metal lid/hook from the ornament.
- Use a small funnel to fill an ornament 1/3 full with sand.
- Add a few small sea shells.
- Replace the lid.
- Hang on your tree and enjoy!
See all of our handmade ornament ideas:
- How to make photo ornament balls
- DIY sea glass ornaments
- Sand ball ornaments
- How to make beach ornaments
- DIY pier post nautical ornaments
- Fur ball pom pom ornaments
- DIY snowball ornaments
- Citrus felt ornaments
- Mink snowman ornament
- Deviled egg felt ornament
- Metallic dipped textured ornaments
- Paper ball 3D ornaments
- Toilet paper roll starburst ornaments
- Bottle brush tree terrarium ornaments
Simplify your crafting journey and eliminate guesswork with our free ornament crafting cheat sheet – your essential guide to selecting the right materials and tools with ease! Click here or the image below for the free download!
What’s going on your tree this year?
Hello, I’m Morgan, half of the creative force behind CharlestonCrafted.com! With a passion for DIY that dates back to 2012, I’ve transformed three homes and now I’m dedicated to helping others craft their dream spaces. Let’s turn your house into a home together!