Y’all, I whipped together this easy DIY waterfall side table in two days. That INCLUDES the staining and sealing. That’s how easy this side table is. We’re doing a mini makeover on our sunroom that includes this geometric coffee table. We also purchased a new couch from Homegoods. We tried stuffing the cushions, but it didn’t satisfy us, plus the chaise was too much for the space. So we got a regular three seat couch. However, it was slightly shorter than our old one, so we needed to fill a gap. That’s where the ideas for this easy DIY waterfall side table came from!
Easy DIY Waterfall Side Table
Seriously, this project was so easy and looks perfect.
We used one 2″x6″ for this whole project that was scrap wood from when we had a wall taken down. I started by cutting two legs 24 inches long with a 45 degree miter on one end each.
Then, I cut a 33 inch long board with a 45 degree miter on both ends.
To attach the boards, I used some right angle clamps, Gorilla Wood Glue, and a couple of brad nails.
Once the glue was dry, I rounded off the corners with an orbital sander.
Finally, I stained the piece with the same Minwax Simply White stain as I did the coffee table since they are very close together in the room.
This easy DIY waterfall side table fits the gap perfectly. It’s great for setting a drink, your phone or the remote. Plus it hides our outlet with our surge protector. Doesn’t hurt that the whole project was done in a day!
Love side tables? Here are all of our DIY side table projects!
- DIY side table with arches – woodworking plans
- Upcycled chair into a modern side table
- DIY concrete terrazzo side table
- Media side table with hidden storage and tile top
- DIY Mid Century Modern Side Table – woodworking plans
- Campaign side table makeover
- Side table from counter top scraps
- Our first side table makeover
- DIY River table with epoxy
- Spray paint side table makeover
- Waterfall style slim side table