A screened porch is such a great bonus for any home. Living on the lake, it has been a really nice place to eat dinner on not-too-hot evenings and to play with Luke in the shade!
Plus, our cat, Bear, is obsessed with coming out here to bird watch!
- Add lighting and ceiling fan – we added string lights and had an outlet added for a ceiling fan!
- Stain wood floor – we refinished the wooden decking using our paint sprayer!
- Add wooden slats on lower screens – we never got to this project, I decided it was unnecessary!
- Furnish – we went through a few different sets of furniture out here, including this bamboo set I found on the side of the road and this metal set that I spray painted!
Other projects we did:
- Plant stand – I got really into house plants while living in this house, so this huge rolling plant stand was the perfect place to keep them!
- Planter bench – I love that this DIY planter bench has hidden storage for kids’ toys – and a trellis for some vertical interest.
- Dog toy box – CiCi’s outdoor toys got out of control and having a toy box makes it so much easier to keep them tidy.