I have always found the curb appeal of our home to be super charming. I love the crisp white siding and the nice front porch.
We had a great base to start and just freshened the place up with some more coastal colors as well as planters and accessories!
- Add swing to front porch – we added an egg swing that we inherited from Sean’s dad, but it’s not really comfortable for sitting. It makes a great picture, though!
- Paint door – we painted our front door Watery by Sherwin Williams, which is also our kitchen island color!
- Update gold door hardware – when I painted the door, we swapped out the knob and knocker for silver hardware and spray painted the kick plate silver, too!
- Update landscaping in front of house – we added plants and grass over the years. The six huge live oak trees made it hard for anything to grow super well, though!
- Plant and grow grass – well, we tried. Here are our best tips for growing grass in non-ideal situations.
- Build a pergola over the garage – we decided not to do this project and instead added planters with trellis on either side.
- Update front lighting – we replaced and modernized the lights on the front porch.
Other projects we did:
- Solar panels – we decided to add solar panels to our home, which did affect the curb appeal. You can read about our thoughts on the solar panels after a year.
- Tiered plant stand – we get so many compliments and comments on this tiered plant stand! We are leaving it when we move because it’s a perfect fit for this spot!