I always struggle with what to use as a tree topper. In the past, I have used a bow, a glitter starburst, some red birds and a DIY driftwood starburst. This year I decided to mix it up once again with a DIY Driftwood Angel Tree Topper. It was super simple to make and is really precious!
DIY Driftwood Angel Tree Topper
What you need:
What you do:
Start by selecting 2 sticks to be your wings. I picked some that were thicker on one end and slightly curved, but you can do whatever you like, of course.
Attach the wings to the cone using your hot glue. I suggest holding them for about 60 seconds to be sure that they dry tightly.
Attach other sticks along the shape of the cone to create a dress-like shape. There is no right or wrong way. I snapped sticks by hand too get them the right length.
Now all you do is set the cone on top of your tree, and voila!
Are you decorating your tree with a coastal or rustic theme? Check out this simple tutorial to make a DIY angel tree topper from driftwood or sticks!
- Assorted sticks or driftwood
- Cardboard cone
- Hot glue sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Select 2 sticks to be your wings. You want pieces that are thicker on one end than the other, with a curve being ideal.
- Attach the wings to your cone with hot glue. Hold firmly in place until the glue has cooled - at least 60 seconds.
- Glue other sticks along the cone to form the skirt and body. Snap sticks if they are too long.
- Add a small nubby stick on top as the head.
- Place on top of your tree and enjoy.
How do you top your tree?