I always struggle with what to use as a tree topper. In the past, I have used a bow, a glitter starburst, some red birds and a DIY driftwood starburst. This year I decided to mix it up once again with a DIY Driftwood Angel Tree Topper. It was super simple to make and is really precious!
DIY Driftwood Angel Tree Topper
What you need:
What you do:
Start by selecting 2 sticks to be your wings. I picked some that were thicker on one end and slightly curved, but you can do whatever you like, of course.
Attach the wings to the cone using your hot glue. I suggest holding them for about 60 seconds to be sure that they dry tightly.
Attach other sticks along the shape of the cone to create a dress-like shape. There is no right or wrong way. I snapped sticks by hand too get them the right length.
Now all you do is set the cone on top of your tree, and voila!
- Assorted sticks or driftwood
- Cardboard cone
- Hot glue sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Select 2 sticks to be your wings. You want pieces that are thicker on one end than the other, with a curve being ideal.
- Attach the wings to your cone with hot glue. Hold firmly in place until the glue has cooled - at least 60 seconds.
- Glue other sticks along the cone to form the skirt and body. Snap sticks if they are too long.
- Add a small nubby stick on top as the head.
- Place on top of your tree and enjoy.
How do you top your tree?