Looking for a cheap sofa? Here are my best finds!
Sofas are one of the most important pieces of furniture in your home. It’s where you sit to watch TV, talk to friends, eat dinner. You might even take a nap on your sofa!
But dang, sofas can be really expensive.
Now, I will say, nice furniture is very nice and usually worth the investment. It can be made locally, or at least in the USA, by well paid and highly skilled artisans and furniture makers. Expensive furniture will likely be made from high quality materials and will definitely last you much longer than a cheaper piece of furniture.
I get that, I really do. But, in reality, sometimes you can’t spend a ton of money on a couch. As much as I appreciate fine furniture, ten times out of ten I will tell you to buy an inexpensive couch rather than go into debt buying an expensive couch you can’t afford.
I have to remind you that the best way to get a great deal on furniture is to buy it used! Be sure to check Facebook Marketplace and your local thrift stores! This also is a great way to reuse + keep old sofas out of the landfill.
How to find the perfect sofa for the perfect price
The sofas that I have rounded up for you today are sorted by their normal price. However, the best way to get a good deal on a couch is to buy one on sale. Then, you get a nicer couch for a lower budget.
When do sofas go on sale?
Furniture typically goes on sale mid-summer and mid-winter. January is seen as the best time to buy furniture on a discount. For example, if you shop at Costco, when they put their furniture out is normally when most stores have the best deals – summer and winter.
The 40 Best Cheap Sofas on the Internet
So, today I am rounding up the best cheap sofas on the internet. Of course, what “cheap” means to you can vary, so you can find a few different price categories below. Whether you want a couch under $1,000 or even as low as under $250, I hope that you will like one of these finds!
Sofas under $250
- Turn on the Brights – Wayfair
- Ebern Elvie sofa – Walmart
- Track Arm Sofa – Walmart
- Celestia – Wayfair
- Futon with arms – Target
- Nathaniel Nolan sofa – Walmart
- Divano Roma – Amazon
- Navy Tufted couch – Walmart
- Two Tone Velvet – Amazon
- Bridie – Amazon
Sofas under $500
A sofa under $500 is going to be a really really good deal. They are probably going to be a bit smaller – closer to loveseat sized. They also might not be that comfortable or be made of an inexpensive fabric.
As always, I would definitely try to see these sofas in person first or purchase them from a site that allows for free returns if you are unsatisfied with your purchase.
These sofas are all modern or traditional in design. They could fit in with a lot of home designs. I love the blue and pink colors – such a fun way to make a statement, especially in a smaller space.
- The Russel – Walmart
- The Taylor – Walmart
- Chesterfield sofa – Walmart
- The Madison – Walmart
- Novogratz – Walmart
- Tracie – Target
- Deco – Urban Outfitters
- Gemma – Urban Outfitters
- Obadiah – Walmart
- Lifestyle Solutions – Walmart
Sofas under $750
At this price point, you can start to see some larger sofas. They come in a lot of neutral colors. You could always add pillows to give them color and mix it up for the seasons!
- Gillian Roll Arm Sofa – World Market
- Threshold Lewes – Target
- Cassie – Urban Outfitters
- Logan – Wayfair
- Samara Sofa – World Market
- Engage sofa – Amazon
- Rivet Sloane – Amazon
- Chesterfield Sofa – World Market
- Harelson – Ashely Furniture
- Ravenna – Amazon
Sofas under $1,000
If your budget for a new couch goes up to $1,000, you are going to have a lot more options. You will be able to shop at more stores and get a larger couch, too!
- Sydney – Urban Outfitters
- Rivet North End – Amazon
- Alice sofa – Wayfair
- Henry – West Elm
- Hawthorne – Pottery Barn
- Marcella – Urban Outfitters
- The Camden – Amazon
- Blakesley – Wayfair
- Quinn – Urban Outfitters
- Simpli Home – Bed Bath and Beyond
Please note – I don’t own any of these sofas. I have not sat on them or seen them in person. Please read reviews before purchasing and know that, in general, you get what you pay for. Prices may have changed since I published this article.
Have an old couch you want to revive? Here is how to re-stuff a saggy couch!
Things to keep in mind when shopping for an inexpensive sofa:
- Upholstery – does the material meet your needs? If you have kids or pets, you might especially want to make sure the fabric is sturdy and won’t stain easily.
- Your living room size – you definitely want to be sure the sofa will fit your space. Measure in all directions, including depth!
- Do you need a sofa or a loveseat? In a smaller space, a love seat might be best. In a bigger space, how about a sectional! Also remember sleeper sofas and recliners are options, too.
- Your doorway size – will it fit into your home or into your living room? Don’t forget to measure that, too!
- Colors – you usually want to buy a couch in a classic neutral color so that it matches your decor even if your style changes over time. However, you might not see this sofa as a big investment, so it can be a good chance to play around with fun and bold accent colors!
- Is it comfortable? – There is nothing worse than an uncomfortable couch. Especially keep this in mind with anything tufted or firm cushions.
- What is the cost of shipping? Something might seem like a good deal, but if you have to pay a ton for shipping, it’s suddenly not that inexpensive anymore. Sometimes local furniture stores offer free delivery!
- Does it come with pillows? Sometimes couches includes pillows. This can be helpful when decorating, but sometimes the pillows are super ugly! Just something to keep in mind.
The search for the perfect couch can be so hard, especially when you are on a budget! I hope that these tips help you to shop more easily and find a beautiful sofa for your space.
Do you have a favorite go-to spot for cheap couches? Let me know in the comments below!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click through and make a purchase, we receive a small percentage of the sale. Thanks for your support!