Wow, another year down. Can’t believe we’ve been blogging for five years now! The blog has changed and so have our projects, but we think for the better! 2017 was our first full year in our house so we had tons of time to get done what we wanted. At lot of the projects we did when we first moved in halfway through 2016 were projects that were necessities to fixing or filling the home. In 2017 we got to really start making the house our own. Here’s a recap of our favorite projects of 2017.
Our Favorite Projects of 2017
- The Kitchen – the kitchen was our first big project of 2017. So much went into this from changing the floors to painting the cabinets to extending the cabinets to tiling the back splash to the installation of our gorgeous recycled glass and oyster shell counter tops. This project was huge, but our kitchen is very much the statement of our home now and we use it every day.
- Tropical Hammock Area – we started this project in March by building the hammock stand pergola and planting wisteria. Then we enjoyed it all summer and planted tropical plants and put in white gravel at the end of the summer to really give this space an oasis look. We love sitting out here and looking at the lake. We can’t wait to add even more tropical plants to this area this spring.
- The Laundry Room – we took this on as part of the One Room Challenge and crushed it. We love our plywood counters, peel and stick tile, new light fixture and our pegboard shelving. This room feels so light and clean, which is perfect for laundry.
- Bead Board Ceilings – We put bead board up on the ceiling in our stairwell and upstairs landing and it was SO much better than scraping popcorn. We love the coastal look you have in this tall space now and we accented the whole area with new balusters and stained railings.
- Front Yard – honestly I’m wrapping this up together because they all go so great together, but we added raised bed planters, very raised bed planters and a three-tiered plant stand to the porch and our front yard just looks amazing now. Plus we added this really cool modern address number sign. We had worked so hard on the inside of our house and felt like we did such a good job, but our neighbors had no idea we did anything. Now they compliment us all the time.
We did so much more than this, but these were our favorite projects of 2017. We loved these projects and can’t wait for more. On Thursday, we’ll be sharing with your our plan for projects for 2018, so tune back in to see where we’re going!