It’s getting down to crunch time on the Christmas season. Christmas is only days away and many people are probably off work for the rest of the year. What will you do with all of your time? How about watch some great Christmas movies! We’ve each picked a few of our favorite Christmas movies and we want to hear from you about which ones are your favorites!
- Jingle All The Way– This is my favorite Christmas movie of them all. I love when Arnold does comedy. When he isn’t in an action role, it’s just funny to me already. I mean, c’mon, try to envision Arnold as a dad- it’s hilarious! Anyways, this movie follows Arnold and Sinbad as two dads fighting to get their kids a TurboMan doll, the hot new toy of the season. It’s sold out everywhere and the antics that ensue are just great. In the end, there’s a great message.
- Christmas Vacation– This is the classic Christmas comedy to me. I love all the National Lampoon Vacation movies, but this one is my favorite. It reminds me of holidays with my family and what I expect holidays will be like when we own a home and invite everyone to stay with us. It will be chaos, but perfect. I have this movie memorized and you should too.
- Elf– Elf is probably the cutest Christmas movie there is. It’s perfect for kids and adults. In one of Will Ferrell’s best performances, Buddy the Elf travels from the North Pole to New York City to find his biological father. He’s not a normal elf, but he’s not a normal human either. It’s an epic tale of his journey to learn about the real world.
- Die Hard– I’m only putting this one out there for debate. Is Die Hard a Christmas movie? It’s set at Christmas, so many people debate about this. Personally, I think that it is not a Christmas movie, but I want to know your thoughts. I think it’s an action movie and that’s it.
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York– It doesn’t get any better than this. I am a sucker for all of Kevin McCallister’s crazy attics, but nothing beats Lost in New York. There’s hilarity, a little sadness (pigeon lady, I’m looking at you…) and of course a happy ending. Pair that with the 90s throw back outfits and hairdos, and I’m in holiday heaven.
- Four Christmases – Obviously, Reese Witherspoon is my everything. Combine her with Vince Vaughn at his peak and you have this hilarious film about a couple who usually avoids Christmas altogether having to have four Christmases with all of their crazy families.
- The Santa Clause– Probably the second best fantasy Christmas movie, a guy accidentally kills Santa and puts on his coat, making him the next Santa Clause. He doesn’t believe it at first, but starts transforming physically and has to come to terms with it. The sequels are equally amazing but the original is the best.
| || || || |