Want to build a miniature picnic table? Whether it is for dolls, toys, or anything in between, here is everything that you need to know!
This miniature picnic table is super easy to build and is the perfect size for stuffed animals or dolls.
Want it even smaller? Just adjust the table and bench measurements down in scale to meet your needs!
This is a great scrap wood project and can be made with a variety of wood that you have on hand. We used 1×3 lumber, but it’s easy to adjust.
You can stain or paint your tiny DIY picnic table or leave it natural. Whatever matches your style!
We originally built the picnic bench as a squirrel picnic table, and enjoy drinking our coffee every morning and watching the squirrels. But it also works perfectly for Luke’s toys and stuffed animals! If you want a modern way for your kids to have a tea party, this project is right for you.
How to make a miniature picnic table
To make a mini picnic table you need:
- Scrap wood of choice – we used 1″x3″ standard lumber
- Nails, screws, wood glue – whatever you prefer
- Miter saw or hand saw and miter box
- Stain or paint of choice + brush to apply
To make a mini picnic table:
- Make your cuts – get the full cut list in our printable!
- Assemble the A-frame legs.
- Connect the sides with cross pieces (these are the seat supports!).
- Add top.
- Paint or stain as desired.
We used a nail gun and wood glue to assemble our picnic table. You could also use nails, screws, or whatever you feel comfortable with!
Get the plans