Farmhouse is one of the most popular design styles right now. If you decorate your home in a farmhouse style, it definitely makes sense to have a farmhouse style Christmas tree, too!
Farmhouse style in general is cozy, comfortable, and timeless. It’s pretty perfect for Christmas!
What makes a Christmas tree Farmhouse style? Farmhouse is actually pretty similar to a rustic style Christmas tree.
Farmhouse trees will have:
- Limited color palette – green, red, black, white, and natural wood tones
- Lots of textures in greenery – more than just a traditional garland but instead with lots of types of leaves and greens in there
- Traditional shapes like trees, houses, logs, and bows
- No intricate patterns. Mostly solids with large scale patterns like buffalo check.
- Wooden signs with upbeat holiday messages
- Wood decor with natural or distressed rustic finishes
- Small elements like pine cones, sprigs of greenery, and small bows sprinkled throughout the house
- Simple gift wrap such as brown paper and string
- Brass or gold jingle bells
- Vintage, nostalgic items also add a cozy, homey, farmhouse feel.
Do you decorate your tree in a Farmhouse style? I’d love to see it!