Rustic Christmas decorations are a really popular theme lately. Decorating your home with a rustic feel is popular in general, so it makes sense that it’s popular for Christmas, too!
But, how do you get a rustic feel to your holiday decor?
Common elements of rustic decor for Christmas might include:
- Simple color schemes – white, black, red, hunter green, natural wood tones
- Incorporating natural textures such as rope or burlap (it makes a great garland!)
- Buffalo check anything
- Lots of wood tones – wood beads on the tree, a wooden tree base, or wooden ornaments to start
- Vintage decor of any shape or size
- Woodland inspired decor – deer, bears, moose, birds, or any similar animal
- Lots of bright white elements
- Natural elements – for example, pine cones or branches add a great rustic touch
- Galvanized metal – such as a bucket tree collar or metal ornaments
- Texture such as baskets, chunky knit blankets, or nubby fleece
- You can never go wrong with lanterns!
Overall, for a rustic Christmas theme, you want the space to feel really lived in, cozy, and collected over time.