If you are wondering how to clean out an eos lip balm container, you will love this super simple tutorial!
This is about the easiest DIY ever. I have hoards of these EOS egg lip balms. I love the consistency, flavors, and the shape of it.
But, when they run out, it seems like a shame to throw it out! Did you know you can turn it into a small container? I use mine to hold pills or vitamins or spare change! It’s super easy to throw in my purse and so much better than carrying a huge container.
The container is actually 3 pieces – a top, a bottom, and a middle piece that holds the chapstick. When you use it down to the point that you can’t get any more out, you will see this plastic grid.
Unscrew the lid from the lip balm. Use a pair of pliers to grip the edge of the middle piece. Gently twist in the opposite direction that you twist the base with your hand. It should come out pretty easily.
You can then use your fingers to pull out the chap stick that was stuck below. Then, run the middle grid piece under hot water to clean. Screw this piece back into the base of the egg.
Now, you can use it to store any small items. I keep excedrin in mine – which is way better than carrying around a giant bottle! It’s also the perfect size for quarters.
It is easy to repurpose an old lip balm container!
- EOS lip balm
- When you use the lip balm up enough, you will see a plastic grid through the balm. This is the "middle piece".
- Unscrew the lid from the lip balm.
- Use a pair of pliers to grip the edge of the middle piece/plastic grid. Gently twist in the opposite direction that you twist the base with your hand. It should come out pretty easily.
- Use your fingers to remove any chap stick that is stuck inside.
- Run the middle grid piece under hot water to clean it out.
- Screw this piece back into the base of the egg if you want or leave it just the 2 outer pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want more EOS lip balm ideas?
Have you ever hacked your lip balm?