Today we are back with the final step of our DIY patio – the jointing! After doing some research, we decided to add Quikrete Polymeric Jointing Sand in between our concrete pavers to give us the best long-term results for the patio.
The benefit of the polymeric sand is that it is firm but has some give to it.
If the ground shifts over time, this can slightly shift with it and your patio won’t crack.
Knowing how to add polymeric sand to quikrete walkmaker pavers is the last step in your next patio or walkway project!
In case you missed it:
Don’t forget to scroll down as we have a YouTube video of the whole process below!
How to add Polymeric Sand to Quikrete Walkmaker Pavers
What you need:
- Quikrete Polymeric Jointing Sand – via your home improvement store
- Clean soft paintbrush
- Hose with spray nozzle
What you do:
- Once your patio is completely cured, pour the polymeric sand onto the pavers. You want to focus the sand on the joints, but it is okay at this point for it to be on the pavers.
Fill them as high/level as you want them to be.
- Use a broom to sweep the sand off of the pavers and into the joints.
- You might want to go back with a dry clean paintbrush to fully brush the sand off of each stone.
Once it gets wet, it will harden in place, so take the time to get as much as possible into the joints.
- Spray down your patio. We used the “shower” setting on the hose and then went back on the “flood” setting and flooded over each stone.
- We sprayed the patio down 4 times, about an hour apart each.
- Let the sand fully cure. It will become firm but still have some give to it.
We decided to make a video showing the entire process of laying the Quikrete Walkmaker patio and adding the polymeric jointing sand.
We are obsessed with our new patio and can’t wait to get it furnished!
Can we send you our newsletter?
Another great way to keep up with out latest projects is by joining our weekly newsletter! Get alerts of our latest projects and special peeks behind the scenes!
Follow along on Instagram
Join our online community where we share real time behind the scenes looks at our DIY projects and peeks inside our home + family!