Happy Halloweek, y’all! I’m excited to bring you Halloween projects all week! If you want to see a couple of our favorites from last year, be sure to click over & check out our scary monster wreath & eyeball picture frames! We will be back every day this week with a new Halloween inspired project for you!
I love Halloween, but since I’ve gotten old (ie out of college) they’ve really been pretty boring. When it’s a weeknight holiday, it’s hard to get too excited. We don’t get trick or treaters here in our complex, and we never ever ever go to bars (At least not after dinner time) so we have to enjoy our halloween in fun little bites at home.
We recently shared this recipe at Wicked Week! Make sure you pop over & see all the other posts!
Spooky Graveyard Cookie Cake
I love to bake yummy treats, and especially love using a box mix to get things started. Feel free to substitute your favorite cookie recipe, and add crushed oreo to the mix for a similar dirt effect. These also make great individual cookies, if you’re having a party!
- Hersheys Cookies n Cream Premium Cookie Mix & ingredients to make it
- Gummy Skeletons (found in the Halloween section at Target)
- 5 oreos, crushed
- Peppermint patties (1 per grave)
What you do:
- Make the cookie dough according to the box (or recipe!)
- Spread in a baking dish. I used a small rectangle but a round cake would look adorable, as well.
- Bake until golden brown. For me, it was about 15 minutes. Be sure to use a toothpick to check the center of the cake to make sure that it is cooked all the way through.
- Let the cake cool.
- Time to decorate! Start by placing out your skeletons. Space out their “graves” across your cake.
- Now, make the grave stones. Unwrap a peppermint pattie for each grave. Use a knife to slice off the bottom 1/4 of each patty, so you have a flat edge.
- Place the headstones over each skeleton.
- Spoon crushed oreo over each skeleton. I like good coverage, but to leave the feet hanging out to be extra spooky!
Enjoy! I hope you have a happy & yummy halloween!