- Upcycle an item(s) from a thrift store, resale store, or garage sale into a new piece of decor.
- There’s no monthly theme.
- There’s no budget to stick to.
Meet the HostsAngela | Simply Beautiful By Angela – Heather | Glitter On A Dime Amanda | Domestically Creative – Michelle | Our Crafty Mom Jenny | Cookies Coffee and Crafts – Ali | Home Crafts by Ali – Lynn | My Family Thyme – Emy | Semigloss Design – Angie | Flippin Fanchers – Denise | My Thrifty House – Michelle | Michelle James Designs – Debra | Shoppe No 5 – Habiba | Craftify My Love – Victoria | Dazzle While Frazzled – Ann | Duct Tape and Denim – Molly | Just a Little Creativity – Morgan | Charlston Crafted – Meredith | Southbound Blog
Make sure you follow our board on Pinterest for more upcycled decor inspiration!
Bird Cage Planter UpcycleWhat you need:
- Metal bird cage
- Spray paint of choice – I used Color Shot in Island Girl
- Coconut liner – pick a size close to that of your bird cage
- Any kind of plant – I went with a drippy ivy. Succulents would also be gorgeous!
- Clean your bird cage of any dust, debris, or loose paint.
- Spray paint the bird cage. Use several thin coats for best results and to avoid trips. Here are my spray painting tips!
- Once dry, insert your coconut liner. Trim with scissors if necessary.
- Add soil and your plant. If choosing a “drippy” plant, pull some of the stems through the wire bars for a cool effect!
- Hang or place in a sunny spot and enjoy!