Hi guys! I am so excited to start a new summer series with you. Every Friday this summer we will be sharing a new favorite cocktail recipe! We will also share some of our favorite links on the web for the week. I really hope that you enjoy this series!
My go to liquor drink is a gin & club soda. And always Hendrick’s! (NOT sponsored lol, I wish Hendrick’s would pay me, or send me gin, or heck even a t-shirt). I love sprucing them up for the summer. Here’s what I’ve been sipping lately:
Raspberry Gin Smash
- 4 raspberries
- 2 mint ice cubes or 1 sprig fresh mint
- 2 shots gin
- 1 shot club soda
- lemon + lime juice (fresh or bottled)
Add raspberries to glass. Muddle them slightly to get the juices flowing.
I like to freeze my fresh mint (from the herb garden) in ice cube trays with water for quick drinks. You could also add a sprig of fresh mint.
Add gin, club soda, and lemon juice.
Our favorite things on the web this week:
- A super easy wooden swing– Love and Renovations posted this super easy DIY swing for your yard. We’re a few years from having any kids that would actually be able to use this, but this is a great, cheap way to provide some entertainment for your kids.
- HGTV’s Call of the WY– HGTV put out a call for applications for people to spend six weeks living in a tiny home exploring the wonderful world of Wyoming. Of course we applied, considering we have spent time in the Tetons, Yellowstone and a tiny home. But don’t apply- we don’t want the competition 😉
- Fox TV Lineup Announced– we’re happy to see that two of our favorite shows, New Girl and Gotham, will be returning this season, albeit New Girl only in the spring for an eight episode final season. Sadly, Scream Queens, which we watch for its mindless viewing possibility, has been cancelled.
- Cat with the deepest meow – Have you ever heard a cat meow like this? It made me laugh out loud!
I hope that you all had a fabulous Memorial Day and enjoyed the short week. Have a great weekend and we’ll see you on Monday!
| || || || |