In case you haven’t heard, Pantone (the self declared “authority of color”) has declared the color of the year to be Radiant Orchid as a symbol of “love, joy, and health.”
I am really trying to like it. I even made a pinterest board for all of my Radiant Orchid finds. But… I just can’t do it. Maybe I decorate/wear too much pink, but I have always steered clear of purple. And while maybe, maybe I’ll try a splash on a pillow or a teeny knick nack, you will not be seeing a lot of Radiant Orchid on Charleston Crafted.
However, here are a few of my favorite (read: acceptable) uses of the color. For more, check out my pinterest board!
For the record, I really love actual orchids. Whenever Sean’s feeling extra sweet, he will buy me one. I can never keep them alive for long though…. total black thumb.
Here are the colors that you traditionally see in my home, wardrobe, on the blog, and all over my “Colorful Coastal” style in general.
Honey Dew // Sugar Coral // Storm Gray // True Navy
See what I mean, Radiant Orchid so doesn’t go. I might could splash it in the (teal & white) guest room or bath. Like, a pillow. Maybe a stripe on a pillow. Or a candle. I could totally get down with a candle (they burn up & go away, just like this trend, hahaha.)
However, to be fair, I don’t totally hate it for fashion or beauty. In fact, I could totally see myself rocking a Radiant Orchid pedicure, ballet flat, or sun dress. Oooh, or a drink!
What do you think of Radiant Orchid? Am I too stuck in my ways or are we on the same page?
[by the way, here is a list of previous colors of the year]
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
What do you think of Radiant Orchid? What is your color for 2014?!