Hey y’all! Happy Friday! We are going to Charlotte this weekend to visit Sean’s family, but I wanted to pop in and share five things that I have been obsessing over lately. These are all inspired by my recent instagram pics – if you don’t follow me, you should!
1) Oil Pulling – this is all over the blogosphere, and in my recent effort to build a healthy lifestyle, I have adopted it as part of my morning routine. If you haven’t heard of oil pulling, you can read about it here. Every morning first thing when I wake up, I put a spoon full of raw coconut oil in my mouth. It’s the consistency of Vaseline and really cold and weird. However, after about a minute, it melts to a liquid. I swish it in my mouth for 10 or 15 minutes and then spit it out.
I have always had mouth issues – cavities, soft teeth, sensitive teeth, bleeding gums. I’ve been oil pulling for 2 weeks and already see a major difference in my tooth sensitivity and bleeding gums. It’s crazy! It’s also known to whiten teeth and help with dry skin on your head and face, so I am really excited to keep this up.
2) Gray Malin – I recently discovered Gray Malin via a sale on One King’s Lane and I am obsessed. The colors are amazing. The beaches and the iceburgs – they’re epic. I want every print for a giant gallery wall in my dream home. Swoon on swoon.
3) Nautical Old Navy clothing –I don’t normally shop at Old Navy. But, I popped in last weekend looking to try on the much-hyped Pixie Pants. They didn’t have any (any! not a color!) in my size, but I was totally enchanted by the nautical looks going on right now. I got this lightweight sweater and these shorts. Love them and you can’t beat their low prices!
4) Peppers & Onions & Shrimp – I’ve been on a healthy eating kick. Part of that means tons and tons of veggies and lean meat. Peppers are so good. I’ve been having red and green bell peppers, jalepenos, vidalia onion, and shrimp sauted all together in a pan at least twice a week. I serve them with brown rice, tortillas, or over greens and with lots of garlic. It’s so flavorful and crunchy and delicious. My new go to!
5) My Fit Bit – Sean & I recently got Fit Bits and we are obsessed with racing each other and seeing who can get the most steps! My goal is 10,000 steps a day and I hit it about half the time. I love tracking my eating and exercise because it makes me so much more aware of how I am treating my body. I love anything that pushes me out of my comfort zone!
What have you been obsessed with lately?