Love the look of this sweet little DIY Christmas Village? You’ll also love how simple it is to make!
I have been rocking the same holiday decor for several years now. Sure, I add a few new things each year, but I still keep the same vibe.
It’s a good vibe – check out our 2017 Christmas decor here.
But, I wanted to mix it up a bit this year. I am by no means tossing out our old decor, but I did make the conscious decision to bring in pastel colors and lots of little houses.I am going for a bit of a rainbow row vibe!
Be sure to check out my bottle brush tree + wooden house wreath tutorial.
After I shared that wreath, I had a friend message me that it reminded her of Studio DIY’s Christmas village. I was planning to build some more scrap wood houses for the mantel, but Kelly’s Christmas village actually was much easier and cuter than what I envisioned.
All of these wooden houses are from Michaels. They were about $7 each – be sure to hit up their coupons! They are actually bird houses and they had a huge selection.
I also made some simple tissue paper tassel trees to accessorize the look. I love how it turned out!
Welcome to Day 7 of the Fourth Annual 12 Days of Christmas Series!
We have teamed up with 50 plus bloggers to bring you a oodles of DIY Ideas and Recipes to make your holiday season merrier. There are 12 different posts in the series and we have spread them out over a four week period with three posts per week. Now is the time to subscribe!
GO HERE for the complete list of Dates and Topics plus a collection of most popular holiday ideas including ornaments, games, recipes and more from all 50 plus talented bloggers!
It’s Day 7 and we are sharing Holiday Decor Ideas!
DIY Christmas Village Mantel Display
What you need to make this DIY Christmas Village:
- Mini wooden bird houses – mine are from Michaels but here are some on Amazon
- Craft paint of choice
- Paint brushes
- Craft glue
- White glitter
- Mini wreaths
- Hot glue gun + glue sticks
How to make a DIY Christmas Village:
- Use craft paint to paint the wooden houses. I recommend no more than 3 colors per house.
- Once dry, add white glue to the edges of the roof. Sprinkle with glitter.
- Once dry, use hot glue to attach a mini wreath to each house.
What you need to make the tissue paper tassel trees:
- Paper cones
- Tissue paper
- Glue stick
How to make tissue paper tassel Christmas trees:
- Stack several sheets of tissue paper. Fold in half and cut so you have a strip about 2 inches wide (plus the fold – so 4 inches total).
- Cut up from the non-folded edge to create a fringe.
- Wrap around the cone to determine the right length. Trim.
- Use glue stick to attach to the cone. Repeat in layers moving up the cone.
Other things I used:
Scroll down for many more Holiday Decor Ideas to creative a festive atmosphere in your home!